Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Your Marriage Can Survive an Affair...Say the Stats

A great article posted here offers up three couples who are doing the hard work of piecing their marriage together after betrayal. The emotions are so raw that it's hard to read...their pain is palpable. Still, it offers up some good resources (with the notable exception of Betrayed Wives Club) and depicts the devastation wrought by affairs.
What are your thoughts? Can a marriage be better after betrayal? Or will it always bear the scars?

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't find the article. If it ever pops up again please post it! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H'mmmm, I can't find it either. Sorry. Though I do know that roughly 80% of marriages that experience infidelity stay intact. Question remains though, whether healing has taken place or simply resignation.

      Elle

      Delete
  2. Although my d-day happened back in 2004, I am just now giving myself permission to figure it all out. I am still married to my husband. I told him that since he broke it, if he wants to fix it, he needs to find a marriage counselor. Now I know that's probably not the right way to handle it but that's what I said. Several months have passed and I said I guess you have decided it's not worth it since you haven't found a counselor. He said OMG, I completely forgot. I of course said what anyone would say, if you don't want to work it out, then that's the way you feel, it is what it is. He said I do want to. I said you do know that by saying you completely forgot probably wasn't the best response. Answer: I forgot. Not sure if it's worth it or not.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails